The history of Gambling Acts in New Zealand
New Zealand’s gambling activities originated in 1830. It all started from the bets on horse racing. Even with a slow growth of gambling industry, many sports bets, blackjack, pokies, have appeared in New Zealand’s gambling market. In fact, casinos spent billions of dollars to provide gambling activities legally. However, there are only a few legal casinos in NZ. That’s because the government banned many gambling practices in 2003, except the Racing Board and Lotteries Commission.
Later in 2004, the Gambling of New Zealand took the important changes. Online gambling was prohibited in the country except for sports betting. Sports betting became possible only with a serious regulation of gambling authority.
Online gambling is strictly banned in New Zealand. And only TAB along with the Lotteries Commission have a permission to run gambling practices in the jurisdiction of New Zealand.
How to play online casinos legally in NZ?
To begin with, it’s not prohibited to use foreign online gambling casinos for New Zealand citizens. It means you are able to play any casinos that are not under the country’s legislation. As far as online gambling allows Kiwis to wager outside the country, you should remain safe during the gambling actions. So, if you’re wondering how not to meet fraudulent casinos, we recommend you to read the article about the top legal casinos for New Zealanders.
Casino reviews are based on the huge bag of experience by gambling experts. We recommend you to choose the casino from reliable sources and read the reviews from our site. We provide comprehensive reviews on a huge number of platforms, including important factors, such as games, bonus packages, the security system, mobile optimization and customer support.
Tips for safe gambling
You we recommend you to keep in mind the following things:
- Only choose the casino with a reliable license. The casinos usually provide the information about regulators and licensers. Look for an authority who issued the certificates and provided tests.
- We all have to play casinos that provide fast and responsible customer support. In gambling sphere it’s very important to have an excellent connection between players and the casino team. Red flag for a casino that does not use live chat.
- Another key point is a trusted payment system. A casino must provide a wide spectrum of deposit and withdrawal methods. As an example, it should have PayPal, Neteller, Skrill or at least bank transfers.
- Analyze and read many casino reviews. In order to uncover dark sides of a platform, make sure to find the information on reliable sources, like CasinoBest.nz.
- It must have a proper and fair Random Number Generator. An independent audit company should provide statistics of casino random operations. For example, if you see an eCOGRA logo on the casino website, it means that the casino has a certificate of a trustworthy platform.
Seeing how much profit online casinos make, you’ve probably got a thought of opening your own. It may seem easy to accomplish, but make up your mind only after you read the post till the end. The fact is you have to consider many issues starting from game providers and ending in banking management. The own gambling service requires a lot of attention and, of course, money. If you thought it would be cheap, you were dead wrong. I’ll show you all the aces now, you’d better have at least a million dollars in your bank for this business. The more, the better, though.
So, for the beginning you need to determine which software providers you are going to have in the games lobby. Will they be only slots or table games, or each category with live games in addition. Depending on your budget you can have as many providers as you wish. I recommend dealing only with the most trusted like Microgaming, NetEnt or Evolution Gaming. However, keep in mind that prices vary depending on their experience and level of service. Don’t be fast with the decision. Compare all the suppliers’ offers and make up your mind carefully. The choice of providers impacts on popularity of your online casino.
The licence is the obligatory thing to have if you want your customers to trust your casino. It shows your legit status and proof of fairness. So, don’t be mean at this point and remember that a good licence has a big cost. If we take the most reputable MGA licence, you’ll have to pay about $150,000. If it’s too much for you at the moment, try to request for the licence from Costa Rica or Curacao authorities. Their price is approximately $30,000. No matter which licensee you choose, you have to give them all the info and docs that they require.
Next step is to connect payment options with your casino site. Choose the methods widely used in most countries. For example, if you add the credit card option, you already have 80% of potential customers as the banking cards are the mainly preferable option for depositing and withdrawing. Additionally, set up e-wallets because many users like them for their instant transactions. Search for the money processing online services. This step won’t cost very high.
The much needed step for any kind of business is marketing. Surely, all types of advertising and affiliation will help you to get more customers. Make up a marketing strategy for this point hiring the top masters in the field including SEO managers. They know how to promote your online casino and attract more visitors.
Dealing with difficulties
At this point you have to predict and prevent troubles. You should think about the security system of the site to guard your casino’s flow of information and transactions. Besides, your support team must be very qualified and multilingual in order to help customers with all questions. In fact, good support is one of the main criteria on choosing the online casino to join. Think over promotions programs. Most players, especially newbies, fall for good bonuses with less wagering requirements. For the perspective, think about mobile representation of your casino. It’s an advantage to play games on the move while using the mobile app or browser version.
Gambling seems very suspicious for most people, especially those who don’t play online games for money. The stereotype that online casinos are all cheating and don’t actually pay out is true only for the actual frauds. There are many fraudulent casinos on the net that you can easily stumble upon.
However, the picture is not that bleak. The fair gambling sites exist too. And there are a lot of them. Such online casinos take care of their customers. The players get the appropriate support and overall service including constant payouts.
If you have experienced gaming with frauds, you obviously chose the wrong casino. What you need to do in order to avoid the ‘bad’ casinos is to follow simple rules. The recommended actions won’t take much time but they will certainly save your wallet.
- Make sure the casino is totally safe. The legal site must have the license. This document proves the online casino operates under strict regulations. The reputable licensees are Malta GA and UKGC. You can also meet some others like Curacao or Costa Rica. Though the latter is not recommended.
- The certified games. All games are supposed to be randomized. Thus casinos cannot rig them. That is why there are authorities that issue RNG certificates. They are mainly eCOGRA or Independent Auditors. They carry out tests of games on a regular basis.
- Known owner. Apart from the license sign, the main webpage of fair online casinos should contain info about the head company. You can even search for the company reputation on the Internet.
- Feedback matters. There is no better proof than the real players’ experience. You have to search for the comments on your selected online casino. Pay attention to mostly negative ones. As a rule, they are more real. Consequently, they can pay you out.
Slots are the most popular genre of casino games. There are thousands, or better to say millions of slot machines in the online gambling market. Every respected gambler knows which slot game has the highest RTP and which slot provider makes amazing HD animation. Online slots have the following features which are actually known to everyone in the business.
- Slots are simple, have special symbols and features that tend to help winning.
- Like any other casino game, slot machines are powered by RNG, so it’s totally impossible to cheat.
- Slots have the smallest RTPs compared to the table and live games.
Slots are hard to beat, that is true. They have the shield in the form of the RNG. However, don’t get upset too fast. You can’t beat it but you can increase the chances of beating it. There are simple rules that you have to follow in order to benefit from a slot machine session.
Start at the smallest
Your first bet should be small, the minimum. Make a couple of spins and raise the bet as soon as you win. However, when you get a constant range of losing results, lower the bet at minimum.
Keep the minimal track
The RNG is built to make you lose a couple of rounds. Or a couple of five rounds in a row. It’s okay. It never means that the slot is rigged (unless you play at the fraudulent casino). It just means that the casino takes its edge to the house. You will have that money back eventually. But you have to keep betting the minimum.
Quit at the right time
Sometimes it gets until you don’t have the money on your balance. This is happening to everybody. It means you’ve deposited too little sum. Still, if you don’t have spare money to deposit and have negative feelings about the session, you should quit. Close the game and the casino site. Come back when you feel free and relaxed.
These are just simple recommendations but as soon as you try to apply them during your gameplay, you will see their advantage. They won’t make you waste a lot of money and will prolong your gaming process. It’s possible to beat a slot machine, but you have to be patient and have extra money in case you lose too fast at the start.