New Zealand’s history of gambling is interesting. Kiwis have been trying luck and gambling for a long time. An interesting fact is that the word pokies is most likely came from the poker world. Initially, these were slot machines, that many people played in bars and pubs. And the owners of such places, attracted new customers this way. These were the basic machines with a handle that spins the reels and launch the game. Basically, some patrons tell their pals “I’m going out for a round of pokies”. After that, the name stuck.
Although slot machines were originally played in Australia, it was illegal in the 1900s. In 1956, New South Wales legalized gambling, opening a new era of gambling across New Zealand, and Australia. Almost 200,000 slot machines and pokies were working in Australia by 1999. Actually, this was 5 times more compare to the United States. Therefore, Las Vegas was lagging behind the competition, providing fewer slots than Australia.
Top 5 Casinos with Pokies
Slot vs Pokies in New Zealand and Australia
If you are wondering if there is anything special about named slot machines, we will reveal some secrets about this. There is a theory about the origin of this popular word. As history says, all slot machines worked with coins, which players had to play with, by putting them into the machine. In the case of winnings, the coins fell out as a win.
Many players believe that the word pokies came from the players who were poking their fingers at the machine, in order to make them pay out coins at random. It might sound weird, however, it makes sense.
Online Slots and Online Pokies
At the beginning of the 1900s, slot producers added more features to the slots such as lights. Due to the technological boom, the gambling experience became more interactive and colorful. Sounds effects, as well as fascinating themes of popular movies, games, or books, became an integral part of any slot machine. Moreover, it has become necessary for the gambling industry to introduce new laws and regulations in order to protect gamblers from fraud or any other type of manipulation with money.
For example, slot machines that were taking big notes of $100 were banned in Australia, due to the problem with gambling addiction. Many gamblers got into a financial mess as they couldn’t stop playing on autoplay. So, we can consider that slots and pokies have just a little difference. There is only a difference that lies in local terminology. The Aussies and Kiwis call the slot machines “pokies”, while the rest of the world calls them slots.
In addition, another difference is the difference between the regulations in Australia and New Zealand to support players. In essence, some slot machines will warn the player when he has been playing for a long time. This will help players to be more disciplined.
What is the difference between modern live games and slots?
The variety of entertainment offered within the gambling industry is easy, and confusing at the same time. In this article, read about the main differences between slots and live games.
Online casinos are rapidly gaining popularity in jurisdictions where this type of activity is legal. So, in a relatively short period from the mid-90s to the present day, gambling content has attracted a huge number of players around the world. The gambling industry has come a long way and has yet to reach its full potential. Technological development is also actively contributing to the growth of popularity, and modern games are acquiring an ever wider range of interesting functions. Recently, live games have begun to satisfy the wishes of a demanding audience of players.
In this article, we’ll take a look at the critical difference between slots and live games.
People and algorithms
The main advantage of live games is that the real-time mode does not involve algorithms, random number generators, or other programs. This is evidence of fair gameplay, and no one can control the winning chances.
In most cases, the hosts on the other side of the screen are experienced dealers, similar to land-based casinos. They comment on all the events of the game, thus communicating with the players, and keep their attention for a long time.
Where does the broadcast take place? Locations can range from dedicated rooms in land-based casinos to stand-alone studios with desired interiors. Based on experience, most live game providers prefer the second option.
The motivation of players to participate in live games can be varied. It ranges from boredom and the possibility of earning additional income to the need for communication and attachment to the special atmosphere of the casino. The problem is that not every city in the country where gambling is legalized allows casinos to operate. and secondly, casinos may not be available to everyone. In such places, do not forget about the dress code, entrance fee, transportation costs, incompatibility with the work schedule, etc.
In most cases, slot games give a sense of risk. But it is almost impossible to feel the atmosphere of a real casino. Some games simply lose their charm even in the most complex versions. Playing live with dealers energizes the participants emotionally. And then, all European users need is Internet access. So you can immerse yourself in the atmosphere of a real casino, as close as possible to a real experience.
Transparency and trust
The format of conducting live games is also a kind of advantage. The concept of such games implies complete transparency since the entertainment is carried out in real-time. Distortion and manipulation of results in this format are almost impossible.
Live games are constantly monitored by cameras and sensors. Moreover, it is even easier to follow the process than in an offline casino, since there are no distractions such as third-party noises, players at adjacent tables, loud music. On the contrary, you can closely follow the process on the screen in HD quality.
Dynamics of the game
There is no clear winner by this criterion. Yes, live games are held at a dynamic pace. The average duration of one game is about three minutes, and slots can boast of a similar speed. The latter also allows players to choose the pace for themselves or not wait at all.
Another difference between fast live games and slots is that they give you the opportunity to use your mind to the fullest. At the same time, slots do not involve mental activity and are launched as entertainment in order to try your luck.
In general, if we talk about the legal online slots market, there are more than enough offers. In terms of live games, this new direction has opened up a few companies. The global provider of live games is NetEnt. NetEnt is a leading provider of live games. So, in the top 10 online casinos in the world, you will find the biggest range of NetEnt live games.
How to spot a real casino site?
The fair online casinos don’t hide from you. It’s better to say, they want you to find them. But even if you see a good-looking gambling website with the bright images and super bonuses, don’t hurry to sign up. Try to carry out a kind of investigation. There are some things that prove the good reputation of casino sites.
- License. Gambling is an activity with the money involved. Money is a valuable thing, as we all understand. That is why there appeared special authorities that legalize gambling sites. They are called licensees and their main task is to issue the official documents proving that the online casino is real and totally safe for users.
- Official registration. This refers to the company itself. The owner of the online casino must be registered like any other operating company in the country. Apart from the registration process, the site should contain the info about this registration. Otherwise, how do people know it’s real? As another proof you can search for more details about the company on the net.
- RNG based games. The online games should be all powered by a randomizer. It results in totally fair spins or hands of the games. You can’t see that the game results are random, but you can see the seal of fairness approval. The real casinos have the seals from eCOGRA or Independent Auditors. These authorities test the games for fairness.
These three proofs are the main ones to consider when you’re looking for the real online casino. Mind also to check the comments from real experienced players. Analyze what they say about the casino you select. Remember that Internet ambience has plenty of frauds. That is why you’d better test the water first. In other words, upon registration at an online casino, deposit a small sum, try to play and withdraw. Judge the casino by your experience only. This is the most truthful way to see if an online casino is real.
It is not a secret to anyone that online casinos are ‘tricky things’. People use them for money, and reversely, online casinos are using the gamblers’ attention to get the money. What’s interesting, the only party that takes the real big money is the casino site itself.
Fine, in defense of online casinos, I should say that online casinos do the dirty work collaborating with the services, providers and many more. As a result, they are presenting a ‘candy’. That is what you see – the attractive gambling site.
There are some stages that online casinos go through to make the continuous work successfully. Let’s see these steps more closely.
- Attention stage. At this point the online casinos attract players by ads on emails, social nets and specific sites. Once you get caught, the casino site starts handling your personality. In other words, you get attracted even more. Different bonuses and casino policy help with it.
- Registration. Obviously, after you get completely stuck on the site, you find yourself filling in the sign-up form. Congratulations, you’re a member of the casino.
- Depositing. This stage is the cream of the crop for online casinos. You give them your first funds. This money is still yours until you start playing.
- Bonuses. Perhaps, bonuses are the things that attracted you the most. They have pitfalls, to tell the truth. (You can read about it on our site). So, you claim for the bonus as you meet all the requirements.
- Games. If you started the game right with the real money mode, you will most probably lose them all (unless you have experience). So, you start betting, spinning, playing and winning or losing. It depends on RNG. The generator gives out fair and random results. Finally, you lose a part of your money that goes to the house edge (budget) of an online casino. Sometimes you win it back, sometimes no. If you want to return it, as soon as you get the total balance over your starting sum, quit the game.
- Withdrawal. You can withdraw at any time. Just make sure you’ve completed the bonus requirements if you’re using them. So you go to the banking page and select the payout option. Look through the methods available and fill in the form.
- Verification. This process takes time. If you are a newbie at the casino, it may take several days. Basically, the casino team just wants to make sure you are the real person, and not a fraud. At this stage the casino might ask for extra info and dos. You’d better give them everything they need.
- Payout. After the successful previous stage, they send your winning to the banking option you’ve selected. Wait for the money.
The reason why everyone wants to beat, cheat or win at online casinos is money. This is so greedy that we even forget about simple joy and fun. Of course, it’s a lot more cheerful to enjoy games when you’re winning than losing. But the gambling sites tend to bring rather failure. Still the question is open: how to beat the casino games in a legal manner. Well, if you are so obsessed with it, let me clarify some ideas for you.
The only legal way to win at casinos is using strategies. However, you should understand that strategies don’t give you a 100% assurance of winning. Using strategies you may with equal success lose money. There are different strategies found on the net, but the fact is that they can only work in individual cases. So, you’ll have to make them up by yourself. I’m just going to tell you about the most common working tips that you can use to create your own beating strategy for each particular game.
Learn the rules
First of all, know the rules of the game. Either you’re playing blackjack or slot, no matter. Start with checking the rules. Although they are quite typical, still each game is different and requires attention to the rules. Especially, if we’re speaking about card games. You have to understand what the ‘insurance’ or ‘3:2’ mean. Figure it out by yourself and build up your own winning strategy at each unique game.
Play for free first
Testing games before you play for money will also boost your strategy process. Don’t ignore the free mode. Practising for free will save your money and clarify some points at game rules which you don’t really understand. However, remember that strategy used in free mode games might not work with the real money mode.
Whether you are a high roller or have just a couple of bucks in pocket, place small bets at the beginning. The first rounds tend to be losing as you have to warm up your nerves. So, it’s never advisable to begin with high stakes. Calm down your feelings and save the budget. You can raise the bets after you make 10-20 spins.