Introduction to Blackjack
The top positions of blackjack are due to the fact that the game has simple rules and strategies, a fairly high speed compared to other card games, and card counting that everyone understands.
- Top Blackjack Casinos NZ
- History of the game Blackjack
- Introduction to the game Blackjack
- The goal of the game – in simple words
- The first blackjack game
- Combination Black Jack
- The meaning of basic terms in Black Jack
- The meaning of gestures used in blackjack
- Blackjack Dealer Tips
- Useful Tips for Blackjack Newbies
Although I would like to note that in the United States, the game took root quite difficult. So, American casinos introduced more and more incentives for players and looked for various options for playing in order to raise interest in Blackjack. The most cherished combination then was considered to be a pair of jack of spades and ace of spades.
Top Blackjack Casinos NZ
- Jackpot City – Click here to get the bonus
- Spin Casino – Click here to get the bonus
- Royal Vegas – Click here to get the bonus
- All Slots – Click here to get the bonus
- Cosmo Casino – Click here to get the bonus
History of the game
There are two main versions of the origin of this game. Some believe that it all began in the 15th century in Italy. In one of the sources, a mention of the game Trentuno whose rules are identical to modern blackjack, with a difference only in the number of points of the ideal combination in Trentuno – this is 31, not 21, as in today’s blackjack.
The second version takes us to France. In the 17th century, the game “Vingt et Un” appeared in casinos, which literally translates as 20 and 1. But here the rules differ from the modern game. We make a simple conclusion that blackjack has European roots, and we do not argue about its homeland.
Introduction to the game Blackjack
Once again, I would like to add that Blackjack is a fairly simple game. You play with a large deck of 52 cards of four suits. Cards are counted at face value to jack and ten points from jack to king. The ace is evaluated in two variations – either 11 or one point.
Today there are several variants of games based on the classic: American blackjack; Face Up Blackjack – Dealer Disclosure or Face Up 21; Blackjack Switch; Double Exposure, Spanish 21; One SD deck – Blackjack SD; Super Fun 21; Six Deck Blackjack is a game with a large deck of 312 cards in a shoe. And there are two main options:
Two main Blackjack options
Basic Blackjack is a game in which one of the dealer’s cards is open and one is hidden – the Hole card.
European Blackjack – in this variation your dealer will take the second card only when all the players at the table have made a set. Another difference is that in the European version with a winning combination “BlackJack” in the hands of the dealer, the rest of the game participants get back all their additional bets, except for insurance.
The most popular blackjack game is the shoe game. This is a special game with six or eight decks, where a dealer gives the cards.
The goal of the game in easy words
Blackjack, like many other entertainments in casinos, is a game against the casino. There is the dealer at your table. The goal of each player is to collect a card combination that is in total greater than that of the dealer, but not exceeding 21 points. You are only playing against the dealer.
They play with a deck of 52 cards or several decks at once, as we have already said, cards before jack are valued at their face value, jacks, queens and kings are “worth” ten points and aces are one or eleven.
The first blackjack game
Consider a situation – you are in a casino for the first time and want to play Blackjack. We start by choosing a table. You should keep in mind that we need not only a favorable environment at the table but also a polite dealer.
Be sure to pay attention to the plate with the specified minimum and maximum. This is the minimum and maximum allowed bet size. They can be different on different tables.
In land-based casino
The dealer will give you two cards face down for the player and one face up and one face down for himself. The goal of the game, as we said earlier, is to score more points than the dealer’s, but not more than twenty-one! In blackjack, each hand is played separately, that is, the “duel” takes place between the dealer and one player. When dealing, the following situations can arise – a soft and hard hand, successful and unsuccessful:
- Soft Hand Soft hand – the player has an ace in his set of cards, which can be worth either one or 11 points.
- Hard Hand A hard hand is a set without aces or with a hard ace, which is equal to only one.
- Lucky hand or Pat Hand is a situation when the cards are in total from 17 to 21 points.
- Unsuccessful hand or Stiff Hand is a set of cards with a sum of 12 to 16 points.
If you or your dealer has more than 21 points – this is an automatic loss–casinos call it Bust. You win automatically, if you get the Blackjack combination. If both you and the dealer have blackjack, the game is a draw.
Combination of Blackjack
The BlackJack combination is 100% winning. If your first two cards are ace (1 or 11 points) and ten (10 points at par) – you have Blackjack in your hand. The win for it comes immediately and with a bonus: in a ratio of three to two, you will get one and a half times more than you bet.
In a situation where the player and the dealer got the Blackjack combination, a draw will be declared (push), and the player will return his initial bet.
If the dealer has a Black Jack combination, the player, having any other set of cards in his hand, loses, and the dealer automatically wins.
The meaning of basic terms in Black Jack
Let’s see what basic terms and words we can come across during the game, and find out what exactly they mean.
- The croupier deals cards, issues, and takes chips.
- The player is you and any person playing at the blackjack table (any other casino game).
- A shoe is a special device in the form of a box for card gambling, which holds one or several decks. Cards are dealt from the shoe during the game.
Double or Double Down is translated as doubling the original bet, but the player will be given only one card.
- Hand – the first two cards in the hands of the dealer or player. Weak hand – denotes a bad set of cards with a low probability of winning, a strong hand – good cards, with a chance for the player to win.
- Split. This is the division of one pair of cards of identical value into two hands – two players.
- Tracking is the process of observing the cards during the game in order to use the obtained data in the game loop.
- The cut is the process of splitting immediately after the deck is shuffled in order to complicate the counting of playing cards. Done before the first deal.
- Hit or Draw – both of these terms mean – “more”, this is an appeal to the dealer to issue an additional card to the player.
- Shuffle – shuffle cards in a random order before starting the game.
- Bust – a situation where a player or a dealer has more than 21 points means an immediate loss.
- One of the most common terms in casinos and in Blackjack is a chip. The internal currency of the casino.
- Flat plastic round, octagonal or square shape. Each chip has its denomination. They make bets, get a win if they win. At the checkout, chips are exchanged for cash.
The meaning of gestures used in blackjack
The truly international language of Blackjack is Sign Language. At any table, you will be expected not only for words but also for actions in the truest sense of the word. The players and the dealer will watch your hand movements.
Below we will take a closer look at how to show what you want or understand the intentions of other players, using certain gestures during the game. In this way, you can double your bet, ask for another card, or split.
- Gesture Enough or Stand – indicates the player’s refusal of an additional card. If what’s in your hand is enough for you, place your cards so that their corner is under the bet chips. Do not touch your cards until the end of the deal.
- Gesture Also – aka Hit Hit or Draw. Use it if you need another card. Let the croupier know what you are missing, so to speak – run your fingers along with the cloth next to you or behind the bet, as if you were scratching the table towards you. Hold your cards in your free hand.
- Gesture Double or Double down. Indicates the player’s desire to double the original bet. We put a smaller or equal “amount” near the original bet. We layout our cards face up. The hand is folded into a fist, the index finger is extended straight (you show them that you need one card). You can look at the card given to you by the dealer, or you can wait for the final distribution. The rules of etiquette state that the additional card you received and viewed must remain face down.
- Split or Split gesture – separation. We put an equal “amount” next to the initial bet and open our cards – face up. We show the dealer two fingers raised up: the index and middle, as a symbol of victory.
- If you have a Blackjack or Bust combination in your hands – busting by points, you should turn over, open your cards: the dealer should see them. If 21 points in total, but not a blackjack, we do not open the cards, put them in a corner under the bet, and wait for the outcome.
Useful Tips for Blackjack Newbies
Let us remind you once again that the main thing in the list of rules of casino etiquette and at the Black Jack table, as in ordinary life, is politeness and caution. We do not touch the dealer’s hands, we do not interfere with the neighboring players, we accompany the voiced decisions with gestures – so you will not have unnecessary questions from the security and disagreements at the table.
When making gestures or signs with our hands, we follow simple rules – all signals are “given” from behind or on the side of the bet. You don’t need to place them above your bet, above, or in front of your cards. You should also take into account the fact that different gambling houses may have their own additional rules or restrictions, it is better to find out about this in advance – before the start of the game.
In this article, you will be presented with the following points:
- Play only top-rated casinos
- Find the games with high RTP
- Find all bonuses
- Learn strategies
- Find the way to payout
Why top-rated casinos?
Before you start the gambling journey, we recommend you to do some research. Make sure the casino has a high payout rate and many payments methods suitable for you. Moreover, the safety comes first. Check the license and the regulator, in fact, this information will open the clear view on the whole security system in the casino. All this casino reviews you can find here. By reading the articles and reviews you can find useful information about drawbacks and backgrounds of casinos, as well as comments by real players.
Looking for games with high RTP rates.
Take some time to search for the games with a high RTP rate. It shows how much casinos pay back to the player on average and how much it takes for itself. For example, the game with 96% RTP gives 96% back to the players, and 4% keeps as a commission. However, the higher the RTP rate, the more frequently you will win, but the amount of winnings will be lower.
The bonus system
Many casinos offer free money, as a bonus for beginners. We advise you to take this opportunity and try to receive everything you can. In fact, there is a few available types of bonuses:
Sign-up bonus – get free spins or free credits after signing-up.
Welcome bonus – as soon as you register an account, you will be presented with free money.
Deposit Bonus – usually, this is the most generous bonus in terms of prize size, however, in order to receive you are required to make a deposit. Only for new gamblers.
Loyalty bonuses – here you should play regularly and earn loyalty points. In the future, you will be awarded with a big number of benefits, such as monthly prizes, giveaways, private events, and many more.
Several game genres, such as poker, roulette require at least basic knowledge of rules and strategies. So, in order to have an advantage over the real players or computer dealer, please train some practices of poker sessions for free. Also, don’t forget to read articles with tips on how to play better and win more often. It’s never late to play smart.
How to payout?
Make a research on the available payment methods in chosen casinos. It’s very important to be aware of fast payouts methods, to withdraw your winnings as quickly as possible. Some systems offer higher fees, some make longer transactions. In most cases, e-wallets are the fastest and the most convenient method to make deposits and withdrawals.
Gambling activities can be safe in case you follow these simple steps to choose the casino. Moreover, make sure to choose the casino with an available mobile version. Most of them are adopted to play through mobile devices, including IOS and Android
It is not a secret to anyone that online casinos are ‘tricky things’. People use them for money, and reversely, online casinos are using the gamblers’ attention to get the money. What’s interesting, the only party that takes the real big money is the casino site itself.
Fine, in defense of online casinos, I should say that online casinos do the dirty work collaborating with the services, providers and many more. As a result, they are presenting a ‘candy’. That is what you see – the attractive gambling site.
There are some stages that online casinos go through to make the continuous work successfully. Let’s see these steps more closely.
- Attention stage. At this point the online casinos attract players by ads on emails, social nets and specific sites. Once you get caught, the casino site starts handling your personality. In other words, you get attracted even more. Different bonuses and casino policy help with it.
- Registration. Obviously, after you get completely stuck on the site, you find yourself filling in the sign-up form. Congratulations, you’re a member of the casino.
- Depositing. This stage is the cream of the crop for online casinos. You give them your first funds. This money is still yours until you start playing.
- Bonuses. Perhaps, bonuses are the things that attracted you the most. They have pitfalls, to tell the truth. (You can read about it on our site). So, you claim for the bonus as you meet all the requirements.
- Games. If you started the game right with the real money mode, you will most probably lose them all (unless you have experience). So, you start betting, spinning, playing and winning or losing. It depends on RNG. The generator gives out fair and random results. Finally, you lose a part of your money that goes to the house edge (budget) of an online casino. Sometimes you win it back, sometimes no. If you want to return it, as soon as you get the total balance over your starting sum, quit the game.
- Withdrawal. You can withdraw at any time. Just make sure you’ve completed the bonus requirements if you’re using them. So you go to the banking page and select the payout option. Look through the methods available and fill in the form.
- Verification. This process takes time. If you are a newbie at the casino, it may take several days. Basically, the casino team just wants to make sure you are the real person, and not a fraud. At this stage the casino might ask for extra info and dos. You’d better give them everything they need.
- Payout. After the successful previous stage, they send your winning to the banking option you’ve selected. Wait for the money.
Money rules the world, as they say. And this is the real reason why players come to online casinos. However, not everyone can win big money on these casino sites. There are several factors that affect whether you win or not.
The first thing that mustn’t be failing on the players’ side is their luck. You know how it works. Sometimes your hand is so lucky that you win every round in a row. But there are days when you have failure after failure. So-called rainy days are affecting not only game results but your emotional status as well.
Randomizer – RNG
This thing was created to avoid any kind of cheating by online casinos and users. Users are safe to get the fair results, and online casinos know their games are not broken. Random number generators can directly influence the results of your session. Basically, it’s the same with luck. You either get a positive spin or negative one, and you can’t say which will be the next.
The most popular reason why players can’t win money and finally withdraw is that they can’t stop. Their mind tells them to keep spinning. They are hypnotized, so to speak. Whenever they feel like winning, they spin more and more. Eventually they win nothing. So, if you are an addicted gambler, even though you don’t know it, you can hardly win much on online casinos.
It can sound strange, but if you deposit too little, say $20, you can easily lose them all away. This is kind of a setting of RNG. They are programmed to leave a certain percent of your money to the casino (house edge). By the way, you automatically agree with this when you launch a game, as is stated in the gamerules. So, when you place bets and play, you are starting to lose the deposited money. And in order to get them back you need to place more bets. But the point is you might have run out of money. As a result, you’re left with nothing.
Players can win real money. Online casinos really pay out. If you fail to get the winnings, then probably you are lacking one of the mentioned factors. Thus you need to check them all in your case. If you can’t quit a game at the right time, work it out. If you deposit too small sums, make it a bit bigger. Finally, when you think the problem is your luck or randomizer, you need to take time and relax. Additionally, make up a betting strategy and place limits to the bets. After you get necessary experience, you will see how the real money can fill your bank account.