Introduction to Blackjack
The top positions of blackjack are due to the fact that the game has simple rules and strategies, a fairly high speed compared to other card games, and card counting that everyone understands.
- Top Blackjack Casinos NZ
- History of the game Blackjack
- Introduction to the game Blackjack
- The goal of the game – in simple words
- The first blackjack game
- Combination Black Jack
- The meaning of basic terms in Black Jack
- The meaning of gestures used in blackjack
- Blackjack Dealer Tips
- Useful Tips for Blackjack Newbies
Although I would like to note that in the United States, the game took root quite difficult. So, American casinos introduced more and more incentives for players and looked for various options for playing in order to raise interest in Blackjack. The most cherished combination then was considered to be a pair of jack of spades and ace of spades.
Top Blackjack Casinos NZ
- Jackpot City – Click here to get the bonus
- Spin Casino – Click here to get the bonus
- Royal Vegas – Click here to get the bonus
- All Slots – Click here to get the bonus
- Cosmo Casino – Click here to get the bonus
History of the game
There are two main versions of the origin of this game. Some believe that it all began in the 15th century in Italy. In one of the sources, a mention of the game Trentuno whose rules are identical to modern blackjack, with a difference only in the number of points of the ideal combination in Trentuno – this is 31, not 21, as in today’s blackjack.
The second version takes us to France. In the 17th century, the game “Vingt et Un” appeared in casinos, which literally translates as 20 and 1. But here the rules differ from the modern game. We make a simple conclusion that blackjack has European roots, and we do not argue about its homeland.
Introduction to the game Blackjack
Once again, I would like to add that Blackjack is a fairly simple game. You play with a large deck of 52 cards of four suits. Cards are counted at face value to jack and ten points from jack to king. The ace is evaluated in two variations – either 11 or one point.
Today there are several variants of games based on the classic: American blackjack; Face Up Blackjack – Dealer Disclosure or Face Up 21; Blackjack Switch; Double Exposure, Spanish 21; One SD deck – Blackjack SD; Super Fun 21; Six Deck Blackjack is a game with a large deck of 312 cards in a shoe. And there are two main options:
Two main Blackjack options
Basic Blackjack is a game in which one of the dealer’s cards is open and one is hidden – the Hole card.
European Blackjack – in this variation your dealer will take the second card only when all the players at the table have made a set. Another difference is that in the European version with a winning combination “BlackJack” in the hands of the dealer, the rest of the game participants get back all their additional bets, except for insurance.
The most popular blackjack game is the shoe game. This is a special game with six or eight decks, where a dealer gives the cards.
The goal of the game in easy words
Blackjack, like many other entertainments in casinos, is a game against the casino. There is the dealer at your table. The goal of each player is to collect a card combination that is in total greater than that of the dealer, but not exceeding 21 points. You are only playing against the dealer.
They play with a deck of 52 cards or several decks at once, as we have already said, cards before jack are valued at their face value, jacks, queens and kings are “worth” ten points and aces are one or eleven.
The first blackjack game
Consider a situation – you are in a casino for the first time and want to play Blackjack. We start by choosing a table. You should keep in mind that we need not only a favorable environment at the table but also a polite dealer.
Be sure to pay attention to the plate with the specified minimum and maximum. This is the minimum and maximum allowed bet size. They can be different on different tables.
In land-based casino
The dealer will give you two cards face down for the player and one face up and one face down for himself. The goal of the game, as we said earlier, is to score more points than the dealer’s, but not more than twenty-one! In blackjack, each hand is played separately, that is, the “duel” takes place between the dealer and one player. When dealing, the following situations can arise – a soft and hard hand, successful and unsuccessful:
- Soft Hand Soft hand – the player has an ace in his set of cards, which can be worth either one or 11 points.
- Hard Hand A hard hand is a set without aces or with a hard ace, which is equal to only one.
- Lucky hand or Pat Hand is a situation when the cards are in total from 17 to 21 points.
- Unsuccessful hand or Stiff Hand is a set of cards with a sum of 12 to 16 points.
If you or your dealer has more than 21 points – this is an automatic loss–casinos call it Bust. You win automatically, if you get the Blackjack combination. If both you and the dealer have blackjack, the game is a draw.
Combination of Blackjack
The BlackJack combination is 100% winning. If your first two cards are ace (1 or 11 points) and ten (10 points at par) – you have Blackjack in your hand. The win for it comes immediately and with a bonus: in a ratio of three to two, you will get one and a half times more than you bet.
In a situation where the player and the dealer got the Blackjack combination, a draw will be declared (push), and the player will return his initial bet.
If the dealer has a Black Jack combination, the player, having any other set of cards in his hand, loses, and the dealer automatically wins.
The meaning of basic terms in Black Jack
Let’s see what basic terms and words we can come across during the game, and find out what exactly they mean.
- The croupier deals cards, issues, and takes chips.
- The player is you and any person playing at the blackjack table (any other casino game).
- A shoe is a special device in the form of a box for card gambling, which holds one or several decks. Cards are dealt from the shoe during the game.
Double or Double Down is translated as doubling the original bet, but the player will be given only one card.
- Hand – the first two cards in the hands of the dealer or player. Weak hand – denotes a bad set of cards with a low probability of winning, a strong hand – good cards, with a chance for the player to win.
- Split. This is the division of one pair of cards of identical value into two hands – two players.
- Tracking is the process of observing the cards during the game in order to use the obtained data in the game loop.
- The cut is the process of splitting immediately after the deck is shuffled in order to complicate the counting of playing cards. Done before the first deal.
- Hit or Draw – both of these terms mean – “more”, this is an appeal to the dealer to issue an additional card to the player.
- Shuffle – shuffle cards in a random order before starting the game.
- Bust – a situation where a player or a dealer has more than 21 points means an immediate loss.
- One of the most common terms in casinos and in Blackjack is a chip. The internal currency of the casino.
- Flat plastic round, octagonal or square shape. Each chip has its denomination. They make bets, get a win if they win. At the checkout, chips are exchanged for cash.
The meaning of gestures used in blackjack
The truly international language of Blackjack is Sign Language. At any table, you will be expected not only for words but also for actions in the truest sense of the word. The players and the dealer will watch your hand movements.
Below we will take a closer look at how to show what you want or understand the intentions of other players, using certain gestures during the game. In this way, you can double your bet, ask for another card, or split.
- Gesture Enough or Stand – indicates the player’s refusal of an additional card. If what’s in your hand is enough for you, place your cards so that their corner is under the bet chips. Do not touch your cards until the end of the deal.
- Gesture Also – aka Hit Hit or Draw. Use it if you need another card. Let the croupier know what you are missing, so to speak – run your fingers along with the cloth next to you or behind the bet, as if you were scratching the table towards you. Hold your cards in your free hand.
- Gesture Double or Double down. Indicates the player’s desire to double the original bet. We put a smaller or equal “amount” near the original bet. We layout our cards face up. The hand is folded into a fist, the index finger is extended straight (you show them that you need one card). You can look at the card given to you by the dealer, or you can wait for the final distribution. The rules of etiquette state that the additional card you received and viewed must remain face down.
- Split or Split gesture – separation. We put an equal “amount” next to the initial bet and open our cards – face up. We show the dealer two fingers raised up: the index and middle, as a symbol of victory.
- If you have a Blackjack or Bust combination in your hands – busting by points, you should turn over, open your cards: the dealer should see them. If 21 points in total, but not a blackjack, we do not open the cards, put them in a corner under the bet, and wait for the outcome.
Useful Tips for Blackjack Newbies
Let us remind you once again that the main thing in the list of rules of casino etiquette and at the Black Jack table, as in ordinary life, is politeness and caution. We do not touch the dealer’s hands, we do not interfere with the neighboring players, we accompany the voiced decisions with gestures – so you will not have unnecessary questions from the security and disagreements at the table.
When making gestures or signs with our hands, we follow simple rules – all signals are “given” from behind or on the side of the bet. You don’t need to place them above your bet, above, or in front of your cards. You should also take into account the fact that different gambling houses may have their own additional rules or restrictions, it is better to find out about this in advance – before the start of the game.