Casino players share different opinions on casino bonuses. Some players love no deposit bonuses and “hunt” them in casinos, while others think that deposit bonuses are way more profitable. Nevertheless, both types of bonuses are casino incentives that attract players from New Zealand and motivate them to play games. In this post, you will know the differences between no deposit and deposit bonuses, their benefits, and pitfalls.
Deposit bonuses are the most common type of bonus to find at online casinos. They are given to players after a deposit has been made. Often, a deposit bonus features a match percentage that doubles a deposit size.
Deposit bonuses are given in the following forms:
- As part of a welcome bonus. A 100% match deposit bonus is a common offer for new casino players that have recently registered an account and made the first deposit.
- Sometimes, a casino can give a deposit bonus for the second, third, fourth, and so on deposit. The size of this bonus is often smaller than the first one, but it depends.
- High-roller deposit bonus that is given to players who make high deposits and place high stakes. Usually, the bonus amount starts from $1,500, but the deposit amount should also be close to this number.
- Reload bonuses are given to existing players. These offers serve as a portion of new motivation to play casino games.
How to Claim Deposit Bonuses
Regardless of how long ago you registered at the casino or how long you have been playing on your site, in order to receive a deposit bonus, you need to make a deposit first. Here’s how to do it:
- Sign up or log in to your casino site.
- Open the cashier and find the deposit section.
- Enter the amount of money to deposit.
- Select a payment method.
- Enter a bonus code if it is required for obtaining the deposit bonus.
- Follow the safety instructions of your payment service.
- Confirm payment.
When you come back to the lobby, you should see the deposit amount on your account balance. Then, you need to find the rewards or bonus section on the menu of your casino. There, you will see your deposit bonus waiting to be claimed. All you’re left to do is to claim it by clicking on the button.
How to Use Deposit Bonuses
All casino deposit bonuses come with certain requirements. We recommend reading the terms and conditions of the bonus before claiming it. It is important to know the rules of usage before you actually use the bonus. Pay attention to the following points:
- Minimum deposit. The least possible amount of deposit qualifies for the bonus.
- Expiry date. You should know how long you can use your bonus, and how soon you must wager it until it expires.
- Wagering requirements. Almost all casinos apply wagering to the bonus amount. This means you need to wager the bonus ceratin number of times specified in the terms and conditions. If you fail to do so, you won’t be able to withdraw any bonus winnings.
- Max bet limit. You must comply with this requirement unless you want your withdrawal refused. If the max bet limit is $5, then you shouldn’t bet higher than this using bonus money or wagering it
- Qualifying games. You can use the bonus only on games selected by the casino for the purpose of this promotion. If you spend the bonus on other games, you might be refused in withdrawal.
- Maximum win. The size of money you will cash out at maximum if you win real money using the bonus.
We strongly recommend complying with all deposit bonus terms and conditions if you don’t wish any troubles with the casino and payout. Any violation of rules causes inevitable consequences such as suspension of account and exclusion from all promotions.
No Deposit Bonuses
No deposit bonuses are more difficult to find at online casinos. But it is possible which is good news for many players. In New Zealand, players enjoy pokies. And luckily, no deposit bonuses are frequently given on pokies in the form of free spins.
However, sometimes players can get cash right after they’ve registered. The amount of money isn’t big at all, but it is enough to try out casino games and have fun.
No matter in which form you received a no deposit bonus, free spins, or cash, you can get it under the following circumstances:
- You’ve just signed up and unlocked a no deposit bonus.
- Your casino is celebrating certain holidays and gives out gifts.
- You’ve increased your status and level at the casino loyalty program.
These are the most common cases, in which you can receive a no deposit bonus. So, all you need to do is to register, take part in the loyalty scheme, or celebrate a holiday playing casino games.
How to Use No Deposit Bonuses
Just like deposit bonuses, no deposit bonuses are a part of a casino’s rewarding system. This means they also come with certain terms and conditions. Again, we advise you to read them before using a no deposit bonus. Pay attention to the following:
- Expiry date. While deposit bonuses are usually valid for a month, no deposit bonuses have strict time limits. Most no deposit bonuses don’t last longer than 7 days.
- Wagering requirements. For no deposit bonuses, they are even higher sometimes. Pay attention to the wagering requirements especially if you are using free spins. Often, they apply to the winnings made with the spins.
- Max bet limit. You should also wager within specified bet limits.
- Maximum withdrawal. No deposit casinos always specify what amount of winnings you can cash out. With free spins, it’s no more than $100, as a rule.
- Participating games. Rules of using no deposit bonuses are even stricter when it comes to games. There is a certain set of games, on which you can use the bonus. If you use free spins, it’s even one or two games available for players.
Choice Is Up to You
Both types of bonuses are beneficial and not so beneficial in their own way. All we can suggest is to try both of them and decide for yourself. But when you choose your deposit bonus and no deposit bonus, pay attention to the terms and conditions. It will be sad if you don’t get paid just because you haven’t found 2 minutes to look through the rules.
The gambling industry is just the same as any other industrial field. Online casinos refer to the online gambling industry, to be more exact. Anyway, this occupation takes its position in the world economy. The online gambling business prospers making new sites appear on the market.
And like any other business, online casinos must be regulated by special laws and authorities in the field. The laws of your country state whether gambling is permitted or not. The specific bodies related to gambling act according to the laws of their countries and have a right to issue official licenses for online casinos.
The most known regulating authorities are Malta Gaming Authority, UK Gambling Commission, Gibraltar, Curacao and others. Under their jurisdictions the online casinos are obliged to follow the terms. If some rule was violated by the casino site, including mistreatments of users, the licensee imposes fines and even some restrictions up to casino closure.
There is also a different type of regulating bodies. They issue certificates to prove the games provided by the casino are fair. The popular authorities are the eCommerce Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance or just eCOGRA. Them and Independent Auditors carry on constant tests on all the casino games. The whole variety of the online games are tested for randomness and fairness. As for the random games, they are powered by RNG mechanism.
This is what you should know about casino regulation. Besides, as these bodies operate the work of legit casino sites, you should primarily test a selected gambling site accordingly. Check if gambling is legal in your country, if the casino has a license and certificates. Every respected online casino must provide this information to the public’s view.
After visiting gambling sites which are really similar, or even identical, and the only difference is the name, no doubt you get confused. I know that you feel suspicious about all this like what if every casino is owned by the same company? What if it’s all lies just to get my money? Don’t exaggerate. Yes, online casinos take your money but only when you allow them to. Let me explain to you why online casinos are almost identical.
First of all, it’s important to say that there are two types of legal online casino owners. There are companies that own only one online casino and they dedicate all their life to this gambling business. Such casinos are easy to spot. They are usually named the same way as the head company. For example, MrGreen online casino and its owner is Mr Green Limited, Betway casino brand is owned by Betway Limited and so on. You can find this info either on our site casino reviews, or on the gambling sites in the bottom of the page.
The other type of online casino owners is holdings, so to speak. These are the companies which hold and manage work of several online casinos. Examples of such owners are Apollo Entertainment Ltd, Fresh Horizons Ltd, Genesis Global Ltd and others. Their sites are similar. As a rule, they provide the same service including promos, games and even the same customer support team that is responsible for issues of all online casinos in the holding. That is why sometimes it gets hard to contact an operator. He’s got too many requests. Besides, if you’ve ever contacted an agent, you could notice him asking about the name of the online casino you play at. This is because the team is the same for all of them.
They make money
Ok, now we know that identical casinos with one and the same owner exist. Then the other question is why do these people have so many gambling sites? And the answer is money. It’s all business. After making one successful gambling platform, the owner decides to copy the site to attract more players. If the first site doesn’t suit the visitor, then the next one will surely do. And it works indeed. The service remains the same though. And no matter whether you’ve chosen the first or the latter, you’ll play the same games and contact the same help centre.
Another interesting thing you might have noticed is that all online casinos are based in one and the same places. For example, Malta, Costa Rica, Curacao, Gibraltar or other little countries that are far away from your actual home. The reason for that is the country regulations. In the world, there are only a few countries where it is legal to open online casinos. Thus, most casino owners register and license the official companies in these precise countries.
Although there are casinos that are owned by the same people, it doesn’t mean that they are fake or fraudulent. They have licences and approvals from local and international authorities. Their gambling activity is official and fair. So, don’t let the stereotype confuse your thoughts. Play with a complete peace of mind.