Many people forget about New Zealand when it comes to online gambling. However, Kiwis spent around $650 each playing pokies last year. With a population of about five million people and a high interest in gambling, we should consider New Zealand as a top player in the gambling market. Generally, a huge number of fans who love football, rugby, cricket bet on events using online bookmakers. In addition, many of them take part in gambling tournaments, play pokies, and online poker.
For the past year, many Kiwis started using their mobile devices to play at virtual casinos and place real bets, instead of visiting local land-based casinos or bookmakers. Nowadays, New Zealanders are constantly searching for the best site on the internet. However, with such tough competition between casino brands, people are simply struggling to find reliable and trustworthy casinos. There is a problem for New Zealand players to find a suitable one.
As a result, players either leave the site and forget about gambling or register on bad-faith casinos. Fortunately for you, you find the proven list of top casinos for New Zealanders compiled by gambling experts. All these sites accept NZD, to make money transactions to the casino and back to your account. The list contains casinos with comprehensible reviews of all important factors such as licensing, bonus policy, collection of games, support, and security of players.
Top Online Casinos for Kiwis
Jackpot City is part of The Palace Group, which is owned and controlled by Bayton Ltd. Works in Malta. The casino brand has a license by Malta Gaming Authority (MGA). It’s a well-known online casino with decades of decent work. Accordingly, Jackpot City provides top-security regulation of fraud activities. Therefore, in the footer of the site, you will find an eCOGRA logo, which shows an excellent reputation in the industry of online gambling, and the seriousness of casino operations.
Spin Casino has a long 20 years of background in the casino market. It provides top-quality games and includes almost 1000 games by top-rated software providers such as Microgaming and NetEnt. In addition to the huge collection of games, there is rich baggage of welcome bonuses and loyalty benefits.
Cosmo Casino differs from its competitors in many parameters. But according to our reviews, there are many advantages including top-quality service, games by well-known providers, great customer support, and the overall positive experience of players. This is important because even if the online casino is technically very good, the players need something convincing to distract them from their current casino choice and convince them to try another.
How to play online games in New Zealand
There are many ways to learn rules and game strategies in New Zealand online casinos. Each of them depends on a variety of important factors and game features. For instance, a gambling site can cover a wide range of topics, including online pokies, sports betting, card games, and a lot more.
- Basically, the first step players should do is to choose the form of gambling they want to take part in and pick the site. In fact, gambling sites mainly focus on casinos and online slots. So, you will have a large choice.
- As soon as you define what type of gambling you want to play, ask yourself a number of questions that will help you to be aware of possible options.
- For example, you need to understand if the game site takes players from New Zealand, or what is the reputation of the site, and are there any welcome bonuses for Kiwis? Moreover, you need to know if the site legal for New Zealanders?
- When you answer all these questions, you should check the main criteria in the review section of the site and if everything is good, you can start playing for money.
- After you made your choice, it’s important to feel comfortable on the site, and have access to all your favorite games, including online slots, poker, blackjack, different types of roulette, and baccarat. These games have different return rates, so make sure to play only games with high returns. Although the site may fit perfectly your needs and offer all the games you want, it’s possible to choose another site and find a casino with more generous bonuses, and loyalty privileges. But it’s worth noting whether the site accepts New Zealand dollars or not.
ave you ever hit the Jackpot? Well, The Captain Davo has. The 25 year old streamer on YouTube called The Captain Davo, demonstrates how he wins the Jackpots at casinos, both land-based and online. David Nicholas, this is the real name of the young gambler, has become famous for his addiction to casino games. He posts beautiful pictures in his Instagram showing off not only big wins, but also sports cars, yachts and girls around him. His life is rich now due to the land-based casino that he uses pretty often – Crown Casino, popular in Australia. Apart from his favourite Crown, The Captain plays slots and table games at the online casinos. David mostly plays live Blackjack and wins hundreds of thousands. You can watch the video of the process on YouTube. These are the couple of online casinos that The Captain Davo uses.
MrBet – the online casino also popular in New Zealand is offering over 1500 games and welcomes everyone with a generous promo of over NZ$2000.
Emu Casino – another Davo online casino including more than 800 games of any kind, it is safe and supportive as well. Try Emu and maybe you will win as much as Davo and even more.
Even though the results of Davo games are impressive, mind that he bets a big sum too. The anti-gambling authorities consider that his blog will encourage the young people to play at the online casinos which can be very sorrowful for them later. Thus, make sure you understand the trouble and play responsibly.
When we’re speaking about online casinos and their safety, the latter is applied to several spheres. The online casino as an entertainment provider must operate officially. The games in its lobby must be safe and not rigged. Finally, the site itself should guarantee the safe environment for the players. Let’s include here safety of personal data and money transactions.
The fair and well-reputable online casino should consider all the factors that can affect players comfort and safety during the gameplay. That is why gambling sites have additional, auxiliary so to speak, security services. They maintain the high level of all the aspects. LEt me clarify them all.
What must be safe at an online casino?
- Legit owner. First of all, the gambling provider must be officially registered according to the jurisdiction of the base country. The following point is the license. Usually, online casinos receive the document from the same country authority. For example, in Malta the body that issues the fair gambling proof is MGA.
- Safe place to stay online. This refers to the site. It should undertake protective measures like SSL encryption, firewall etc. Any services that can protect the players’ and casinos’ data including transactions between them.
- Randomized games. No matter which game you prefer, each game result should be fair and absolutely random. Generally, they are all powered by RNG. Nevertheless, there are special bodies that test the games for fairness. The most popular is eCOGRA. The Independent Auditors can carry out check-points anytime.
These are the main three safety measures that any self-respectful online casino must take. Summing it up, I’ll repeat what exactly you need to note for yourself when you enter a gambling site: license, company profile, RNG certificate or IA test seal, security proof like SSL encryption seal.
Experienced gamblers like bonuses, but they hate wagering requirements. The players know what they mean, that is why gamblers use them quite rarely. So, let me clarify what exactly the wagering requirement is, what reference it has to the bonuses, and why players recommend avoiding them.
Wagering requirements & bonuses
When you launch a gambling site for the first time, you can see the striking images offering you cash prizes and free spins. This is definitely attractive but remember that it’s not all gold that glitters.
The welcome offers have requirements. The wagering requirements are the number of spins a player makes with the given ‘welcome reward’ before he actually requests for payout. In other words, these wagering terms imply that you have to deposit, make several spins (x30, for example) and only then you can withdraw the money. If you won some, of course.
The number of spinning times (or hands) varies from casino to casino. It depends on their own requirements. So, remember to read the bonus T&Cs before claiming for the offer.
Why do experienced players recommend avoiding bonuses?
As you can understand now, the terms require you to deposit, get the extra money and play these rewarded money through. The last process goes on very slowly especially when the money sum is big. So, you have to make a lot of unnecessary spins. You don’t need them just because you’ll have little profit from the free prize in the end.
Let’s suppose you deposited $50, your offer claims you get 100% deposit and have to wager 30 times. Totally you have $100 to play. But you can’t make ten spins of $0.25 bet and make a withdrawal. You have to meet the requirements, so you spin 30 times. During these rounds you can go low beyond the rewarded $50 and touch already your own budget. As a result, you spend your money and don’t actually win.